1/18/2010

Your Rock! My Creations Memory Keeper


So I'm still playing with the You Rock papers and the stamps and embellishments included in the You Rock Workshop on the Go and it is too fun!

This weekend, I finished up my very first My Creations Memory Keeper - and suffice it to say there will definitely be more of these projects in my future!  The My Creations Memory Keeper boxes measure 10" x 9 1/2" x 3" and are made of a sturdy chipboard material.  You can paint them, stamp of them or like I did, cover them with paper.  They are folded flat for shipping and storage and are only $8.25 (Cdn.).  These are pretty impressive actually - in fact even my husband thought they were pretty cool!

Here's a look at the top of the box.  The photo was a professional shot taken in the fall of my son in his hockey gear.  I absolutely loved the photo and knew I just needed to find a fabulous way to display it.

Photo credit: Michael Zajczenko (www.mzphotos.com)

I used a whole bunch of embellishments on this one - buttons, chipboard, the new 'Rockin' Top Coats, ribbon, stamps and ink.  I just love the fact that I could add a ton of dimension to the layout on the top of the box since I didn't have to worry about it getting squashed in an album, or in a frame.  I painted the chipboard swirl and letter with CTMH Creat-a-Shade Pearl paint which unfortunately doesn't photograph well but is tinted with a combination of Crystal Blue and Outdoor Denim reinkers.  I brushed the paint on the 'J' and got a reasonable smooth result, but decided to stipple on the swirl to give it some texture!  Here is a better look at the embellishment bundle.  The circle chips are sponged with Plum Mist ink (I swear they're not pink!  LOL!)


As I said, I will definitely be doing more of these Memory Keeper boxes and in fact my daughter has decided that this is the craft we'll be doing at her birthday party in a couple of weeks - so that should be loads fun to see what the kids can come up with!